Saturday 22 September 2012

Autumn Days

How is it here already??? It’s bloody September and soon it’ll be October (see they taught me well at school), and I’m trying to come terms with the fact that our poor excuse for a British summer is over for another year.
So there I was mooning after the sunshine and sat on a Eurostar with no wifi and I decided to take a little look through some old photos of last autumn. Photos that made me realise there are actually some good things about autumn as well. Please see below:
1.       Wrapping up warm
After the summer sun has finally vanished, there’s something quite satisfying about having to get back into your thermals. Last November Ben borrowed his dad’s incredible AC Ace and took me to Tom Kerridge’s 2 Michelin starred pub, the Hand and Flower in Marlow. A beautiful day, incredible meal and a very good reason to dig out the woollies. 
 
 
 

2.       Beautiful light
I’m not much of a photographer but I can’t help but notice that the light in autumn is just beautiful. Long walks around London are one of my favourite pastimes and I think that these snaps epitomize a sunny autumn day in West London.
 
 
 
3.       Food
Big, hearty meals are suddenly all you ever feel like eating. Stews, casseroles, cooked breakfasts all start creeping back into my diet. Ben and I usually like to try and take a day off in November just to chill out in London, get some early Christmas shopping done and eat, eat, eat. Last year this started with a hangover and a big hearty breakfast....
So, three things to be happy about for now. Plus there’s one other thing that is kinda making me think that the frost and pants weather is worth it; as of Monday, October 1st, I will be officially training to be a chef. Amazing. I’ve been saving every penny I can for the past year to get myself in a position where I’m able to do this and, fingers crossed, it’s all just about to pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment