Monday 28 May 2012

Stowells Light Wine

I’m the youngest of five sisters who went to an all girls’ school so I think I’m quite good at understanding what women want! SO, when I saw a new low calorie wine was available, I thought it was my selfless duty to try it out and see how it tasted...

What with this being a sort of experiment as to whether the low calorie stuff will ever be a realistic replacement to the kind we all know and love, I thought it would be best to recruit an impartial panel of judges.


The Panel



The Wine



  

The Scores


 
6/10: Georgia - "The wine was definitely drinkable (it tasted of cranberries!) but a little sweet to have a lot of it. I think if I were to vary it with some normal rosé or white then it would be an excellent guilt-free treat. "

5/10: Jennie - "I'm pretty undecided. I like the idea of it and would probably drink it again, but I don't think I care enough about the calories to pass up on a good wine for this..."
 
9/10: Melissa - "It doesn't taste 100% the same as normal wine, but it's still very drinkable. For so few calories it definitely appeals over normal wine!"
 
9/10: Hellie - "Fruity and elegant, the perfect Sunday night tipple."
 
8/10: Kirstie - "It was really quite tasty, much more so than I imagined - and great as I am really into running so still being able to enjoy wine is a real plus...Deliiiicious"
 
7/10: Jess - "Nice fruity flavour, suitable for a summer’s afternoon due to the low alcohol content. Slightly on the sweet side for my tastes."
 
3/10: Millie - "It tastes like adult Ribena. Not the wine for me!"
 
And me...
7/10 - I like the idea more than I love the wine itself. As well as the calories, the alcohol content is lower so it is kind of perfect for a summer afternoon in the sunshine. Put it like this...I'm not going to pass up a great bottle of wine for Stowells Light version but I definitely think I would buy it again. I would recommend trying it because those who liked it, really liked it! It's love/hate, but if you're a lover, think of all those calories you could be saving, eh?!




1 comment:

  1. I every time emailed this website post page to all my contacts, as if like to read
    it then my friends will too.

    Also visit my weblog - Free Online Games

    ReplyDelete