Thursday 17 November 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELLIE!!


On Sunday one of my best friends in the whole world turned 25 and I was too busy working at Masterchef Live to go to lunch with her or even just give her a big birthday hug...quite a feat considering I live with the girl!

I tried to make her forget what a bad friend I am by making her a cake, and I’m thinking it might have sort of worked. The inspiration for this cake came from the front cover of the beautiful Miette cookbook. They are a bakery based in San Francisco which, by the looks of things, I would love. Sadly I have no immediate plans (or funds) to jet off to The Land of Opportunity, so this is about as close as I can get for now. You can check out the website of this gorgeous bakery here - www.miette.com
                                                                                                                                                        
On a more selfish note, not only was it very naughty of me to miss the celebrations, but I was also a bit miffed as they went to the, supposedly, very cool SEVEN in Brixton Market. I will have to investigate this place in due course...

I must also take this opportunity now to say that another of my lovely friends and housemates, Jess, also turned 25 last week. Here are the beautiful birthday girls at SEVEN...



No comments:

Post a Comment