Monday 9 January 2012

Happy New Year!!

So, December seems to have come and gone pretty quickly in a haze of work and food and work and food and work, oh...and booze. Having rung in the New Year with my nearest and dearest with a very fun filled party, I suddenly seem to have woken up from my stupor of over indulgence and it’s already 9th January 2012 (!!!); I really can’t remember how that happened.



Celebrating New Year with my big sis
  
I suppose I’ve been a bit slow off the mark, but I’ve started thinking about New Year’s resolutions and all those many things that I want to achieve this year. I’ve got to be honest, it’s pretty daunting and I’m tempted to climb back into my food and wine fuzz but instead I’m going to try and tackle things head on. The thing is, we always have the potential to do something special but I suppose New Year just opens your eyes to the possibilities a bit more. Perhaps, it's as simple as assessing our lives and deciding that that thing we have always wanted to do, might just be possible; as Tom Hardy’s character in Inception says:

“You mustn’t be afraid to dream a
little bigger, darling.”


A bit cheesy perhaps, but a bit of positive thinking never did a gal any harm. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment